The 24-year-old Super Eagles midfielder, had already agreed terms with The Blacks, but Wolves chairman Amaju Pinnick, revealed that the NPL side rejected Bastia’s proposal to pay the €250,000 in three instalments, spread between 2014 and 2015.
“I sincerely felt sorry for the player, but when we couldn’t agree on their proposal we had to pull the plug,” Pinnick said in a BBC Sport report. “We completely rejected their offer and that’s the end of Sunday Mba’s proposed move to CA Bastia.”
Speaking on the failed move, Mba said: “This is not the end of the world for me. “I can handle this difficult time and hope to continue to explore alternative opportunities out there.
“I must work hard and I know God will make another way for me.”